Maverick is a male bald eagle that had been found on the ground after being electrocuted. His feet were swollen with wounds so severe, the young bird could not stand. Maverick sustained additional injuries that caused him to be completely blind in his right eye. The Florida facility that found him treated the injuries to his feet, however the eagle did not regain full use of them. Between his impaired vision and his permanent foot damage, he will never be able to survive in the wild again.
Est Hatch: 5/1/2017 Arrived: 9/20/2018